Stylist (interiors & food)
Do you love seeing a vision come to life in a photograph? Do you have a passion for food and interiors? We’re looking for a stylist to join the team at our newly opened 10,000 sq ft production studio.
DOMU Creative is the recently established, award winning, full service in-house communications agency for DOMU Brands. Departments include Marketing, Creative and Production. We work on all aspects of DOMU Brands portfolio. This covers a range of brands with categories including Kitchen Electricals, Home Furnishings & Beauty Storage.
We’re looking for a person who has a passion for trends, an eye for detail and the knowhow to translate that into a great set design. Taking high level guidance from our Art Directors your job will be to build on that vision and work with the team to execute the set down to the finest detail.
The two key areas we need you to excel in are room styling and food styling. When it comes to food we don’t expect you to have the skills of a chef but you should be at ease with some preparation of food and have a view on what ingredients will photograph well. Importantly you’ll have the eye for garnishing and finishing a scene with the details that are so important to elevate the overall look.
When it comes to interiors you need to have a real passion for it and a good understand of trends. Do you know your Scandi from your Mid-century? Your Industrial from your Art-Deco? Will you be able to create mood boards that illustrate how your propping choices support the vision and enhance the product being sold? Small things make all the difference and you’ll be aware of that.
- Style sets for photography.
- Room set styling.
- Food styling.
- Work with Art Directors to understand the vision & work with them to enhance it.
- Create mood boards to support your thinking.
- Help source props.
- Operate within budgets.
- Keen eye for style and trends across interior design and food.
- Appreciation of the commercial aspects to shooting products.
- Adequate proficiency in Photoshop or equivalent to produce mood boards.
- Good communication skills.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Eager to learn and improve.
- Happy to go above and beyond to get results.
- Previous commercial experience beneficial but not compulsory.
**YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SHARE A PORTFOLIO OF RELEVANT PHOTOGRAPHY STYLING TO BE CONSIDERED**
Apply here: http://bit.ly/2AUwp6Y